The La Manga Club International Pro-Am joins the PGAs of Europe’s 2018 Sanctioned Event line-up for the fifth time from April 30th to May 4th, with up to 30 teams competing at the resort that was named ‘Europe’s Best Golf Venue’ at the 2017 World Golf Awards.
Having recently undergone exciting developments, La Manga Club will play host to the popular international pro-am event that has helped the resort earn a variety of top awards in the past few years including ‘Spain’s Best Golf Hotel 2017’.
Pro-am competitors will get to enjoy the testing North Course as well as two rounds on the renowned South Course – the site of Arnold Palmer’s 1975 Spanish Open win and also where he redesigned the course in 1996.
Pro-am packages for teams of one professional and three amateurs are available from €1,270 per amateur (free for professionals), but golfers can take advantage of an early booking offer of €1,155 when booking before 28th February. The entry fee for amateurs includes:
- 4 nights’ twin-share accommodation at Príncipe Felipe 5* Hotel (30th April – 4th May 2018 inclusive)
- Buffet breakfast
- 3 pro-am rounds (2 rounds on South Course, 1 round on North Course. 1st, 2nd and 3rd May 2018)
- 1 official practice round (1 round on South Course, 30th April 2018)
- Practice balls
- Welcome reception (30th April 2018)
- Light lunch on 4 tournament days
- Gala dinner and prize-giving ceremony (3rd May 2018)
- Daily temporary licence from the Murcian Golf Federation
As well as staging the pro-am, the resort will also host the prestigious IAGTO Trophy from May 21-24, and the 22nd edition of the popular Footballers’ Golf Classic in early June.
Three times the size of Monaco and nestling in an exclusive corner of Murcia in south-east Spain, La Manga Club has been at the forefront of European golf since opening in 1972, with its facilities including three 18-hole courses, a nine-hole academy course and outstanding practice area.